Friday, September 28, 2012

The Green Lady.

Weird and wonderful things were starting to happen to my body, in all honesty, they were mostly weird. I did my best not to panic or question each change, but of course I panicked and questioned them all. My copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting was already looking like it had been through several pregnancies.

During this time The Bean also having trouble settling in. There were a couple of hysteria fueled trips to the clinic and the doctor restricted me to bed rest. Unfortunately, that was simply out of the question. What to do, what to do??

Enter our heroine, The Green Lady.

For weeks she showed up at our apartment behind the wheel of her trusty Smart Car, with an early morning smile ready to take me to work. Not once did she complain about the stench of vomit as I flopped into the passenger seat. She shuffled students and made excuses, never letting a business based concern slip from her lips. In the afternoons when things were at their worst, she gave me the keys to her secret hideaway where I could recover.

At our next ultrasound The Bean was dancing up a storm. Healthy, and I like to think, happy.

From Shin, The Bean and myself ほんとにありがとうございます。





No comments:

Post a Comment