Saturday, August 31, 2013

Our Favourite Canadian Things

We survived the flight.

We overcame baby jet lag.

We dealt with swarms of blood sucking mosquitoes.

We visited family.

We stayed with friends.

We made sure that Shin made the most out of his short visit.

We kissed daddy good-bye...

And then there were two.

Kio and I spent three more fabulous weeks 'at home'. (Is it still home when you haven't lived there for over thirteen years?) I was a little worried that my body would go into some sort of shock from an overload of fresh country air, clean well water and the constant sound of waterfalls versus the drone of traffic, but I was fine.

More than fine in fact.

In the past, I had always visited home for two weeks or a little less. My time was spent trying to see as many family members as possible, squeezing in a few dinners with friends and of course shopping, then it was time to go. Spending four weeks surrounded by family, nature and deep fried cheesecake made leaving MUCH more difficult than usual. But of course Shin was waiting for us - one VERY good reason to return.

If I were to write down all of the things that Kio and I did while we were in Canada, this post would be crazy long. As you may have noticed we were in Canada in July, and it is now the end of September so crazy long is not on the cards. To simplify things I thought a little song would be in order...

These were our favourite Canadian things!

By the way, singing along is NOT optional.

 

July 1st at Auntie's and potluck a plenty,






A shower for baby with choc-o-late diapers,





Cruising the lakeshore on a bright sunny day,




 
These were our favourite Canadian things!

Hangin' at Nanny's blowing bubbles with Gary,





Dinner at The Keg and breakfast at Cora's,





Sausage like swimsuits and swimming with mom,


These were our favourite Canadian things!

Chillin' with cousins and hugging my Nanny,






Kayaks and pet pigs, my first Jolly Jumping,




 
 



The clean river water, the roar of the falls,



These were our favourite Canadian things!


When my teeth pinch,
When my nap's short,
When my tummy's bad,
I simply remember Canadian things,
And then I don't feel so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment