Saturday, August 10, 2013

Six months, six onEsies.

Holy flying time Batman, Kio is SIX MONTHS OLD! 

It's hard to believe that six months have passed since our little guy made his way into the big world. It's amazing to think of the changes that he has gone through (mostly in relation to his size) in such a short time. 

Kio isn't the only one celebrating today, it is a special day for a few more people we know. 

According to her Skype profile it's Kio's Nanny's (my mom) 54th birthday today. 

54? Hmmm...


Over in jolly England, the son of our great friends, The Prices, turns four. I believe that Spider-Man will be a major player in the festivities. Have a great day Henry!


And the big news of the day, my good friend, and baking muse, The Sugar Fairy gave birth to a healthy baby boy today! With only six months between them, I'm sure Kio and Sugar Baby with be great chums! 


Finally, for those of you that love a little useless trivia, Hulk Hogan, Henry the Fifth and Chris (the delish Mighty Thor) Hemsworth were also born today.

Kio's big news for the six month milestone...

TEETH!

Yep, the little guy is sporting chompers.

And trust me, they sure do chomp. Actually, no need to trust me. You can trust my poor, poor nipples.

I'm not going to lie, the first time he bit me I screamed. Unfortunately scaring the poor little guy to bits. He cried inconsolably for about ten minutes. There were lots of hugs and kiss and we were both very sorry.

Then he bit me again. 



Nursing is now all about the surprise attack. Pop the boob in before he has a chance to make Swiss cheese out of it.

Of course the commemoration of Kio's six months wouldn't be complete without a onesie. Which, by the way, I have been spelling incorrectly in every post up until now! Why didn't somebody tell me?

This month The Sugar Fairy designed a onEsie on behalf of the absolutely fabulous Mel - an Aussie mate who (for some unknown reason) couldn't make the flight from Melbourne for the baby shower. She did however send a lovely message for The Bean.

Strange, I always thought that Bean would stick as a nickname, but it didn't. So it's always fun to read his monthly message addressed to 'The Bean'. 


Oh ya, and chewing on his toes is also something new. Strangely enough it doesn't seem to bring tears to HIS eyes!








No comments:

Post a Comment