Monday, December 31, 2012

2012.

With only a few more hours left of 2012 (in Japan anyway) I thought I would take some time to reflect on the past year.

If I'm being 100% honest, I'm actually here killing time until midnight so that I can ring in the new year and then head to bed.  With only a month and a half left until the Bean makes his appearance, Shin and I thought it best that I forgo the celebrations and spend the night in. Before he headed off to work we enjoyed the o-setchi that the in-laws sent, ate some 'long-life' soba and watched the New Year episode of the NEW Iron Chef Japan.

Oh yes, after 13 years Kitchen Stadium has been reopened! Minus Chairman Kaga but pretty damn good all the same.

But I digress.



That's us sorted in the lucky food department for another year.

Aside from procreation and all of the adventures that followed, we've obtained walls, I've tried to fill some pretty damn big shoes, and we've celebrated two milestones - one of them being our first wedding anniversary.

After almost two years of living in our open plan hipster apartment we decided that it was time to add some walls to our life. Aside from cutting back on both of our commutes, we had become tired of sleeping in a bed that smelled of what we cooked for dinner. As well, the strange office-type room at the front of our place really was a waste of space.

At the end of March we became proud sublettees of four rooms versus one (we never really counted the office / coat throwing room). And once we replaced our giant IKEA furniture with pieces that are more 'wall-appropriate', we settled in with just enough space for one more.

One of the reasons we moved was for me to be closer to my new job. Stepping into the Converse of the founders of Imagine Language Studio was / is no mean feat. Luckily they have been an incredible support all the way from jolly old England. Of course, with the Bean on his way, it will be up to the newest addition to the Imagine family to fill my stretched out motorcycle boots until I return from maternity leave Hopefully sporting some footwear more along the lines of fabulous rather than functional.

Up next was the 15 year anniversary of Boogiewalk (Shin's bar)! We celebrated with a Maker's Mark cake supplied by the ever amazing Sugar Fairy, a bottle of tequila supplied by her husband, and the possible conception of the Bean.

Although who can be sure after all of that tequila.

 
I guess from that point 2012 has been an open book for the Hiranos. We'd like to thank all of the people that take time out of their busy day to check out what has been going on with us and the Bean. And we wish our friends and family from near and far a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR and an awesome 2013!

xo The Hiranos

No comments:

Post a Comment