Friday, April 5, 2013

Baby's First Hanami.

With the temperature in the low 20s and not a cloud in the sky, Kio and I headed over to the little river beside our apartment to take in the cherry blossoms. As rain had been forecasted for the weekend, I figured it would be our last chance before all of the petals were washed away.

I strapped Kio to myself in his carrier and headed over to the convenience store to get some iced tea and chocolate - perfect for a little picnic.

Kio was asleep within minutes so I just strolled around munching my treats.






After 45 minutes or so my back was about to give out from carting Kio around; I sat down, unstrapped him and began thinking of how I might be able to take some pictures of baby's first Hanami.

Kio had other plans.


Disappointed, I headed back home to feed Kio and to clean the petals out of my hair and cleavage.

Not long after we returned Shin woke up and I showed him my pictures. He had a good laugh at my attempt to photograph a hungry baby while holding him - fair enough I suppose.

As the river is literally right beside our apartment, Shin plunked a much happier Kio into his stroller and off we went to try and get the photo I so desired.

Kio had other plans.

The little stinker fell fast asleep and remained so for the entire time we were out. No amount of tickling, bouncing or pleading could wake him. EXACTLY the same way his father sleeps.

Anyway, we did the best that we could under the circumstances and I look forward to baby's second Hanami next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment