Saturday, April 13, 2013

Two months, two onsies.

Kio is two months old!

And he celebrated by getting his first round of vaccinations. Woo hoo!

Luckily, there is a pediatric clinic in our building so it was a quick trip back up to our apartment to console Kio post-jabs.

When I say lucky, I suppose I mean for us, not Kio. I'm sure he'd rather not have the shots at all. Anyway, he handled the whole thing like a trooper; cried for a few minutes and then seemed to forget about the whole ordeal. I have to admit that he probably did better with it than I did. I definitely had to fight back the tears as I held my screaming son down for the doctor to swoop in and stick him for the second time.

Aside from being vaccinated, it has been a busy second month for our little guy. Everyday brings a new discovery (for all of us). Thus far the best thing has been his smile.

Generally Kio sits back and takes in life with a serious little expression on his face.


But during the last week or so he has been responding to our antics with a sweet grin.


And I love it!

On top of working out his smile, Kio has been working on his waistline. The little porker is now weighing in at 6.4 kilos (14.1 pounds)! He has almost doubled in size in just two months. My biceps are getting a good workout from toting him around.

Of course being a chunky monkey means that once again Kio didn't fit into his birthday onsie. For his second month wee Kio will sport an original Sim design.




OK. He's not quite sporting it, more like displaying it on his belly but the sentiment is still there. From the picture it looks like the onsie should fit but I was only able to get it over his head. Perhaps if he wasn't as squirmy it would've gone on but my baby likes to disco and that's that.

Thanks Donna for your 2 onsie and letter. And to answer your question, he is still keeping me up at night - but things are certainly getting better!









No comments:

Post a Comment