Sunday, October 7, 2012

An Ode to the Tomato.

No matter how bad my morning sickness got, there was one thing that stuck with me through thick and thin. Darling tomato, this is for you...

Dear tomato, fresh and bright,
I could eat you both day and night.

In salads, and sauces, ketchup too,
Sweet tomato, I love you.

When I can't have you, I feel so low.
My lovely tomato, where did you go?

Vegetable or fruit? Who cares in the least.
I am only happy when upon your flesh I can feast.

Dear tomato, fresh and bright,
This thing we've got just feels so right.

Sliced on toast each morning when I wake,
A party in my mouth no other can make.

Organic, or cherry. Tinned, or paste.
You are the only food that I want to taste.

At times indigested you make me feel,
But when you sit on my fork I want to squeal!

Dear tomato, fresh and bright,
You are the thing that I crave with all my might.


1 comment: