Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween.

I love Halloween.



For years I have been of the opinion that it should be a world wide public holiday. Actually, the day after Halloween should be the holiday; give kids some time to sort out their sugar levels and for the rest of us to recover from the debauchery of the night before.

Shin loves Halloween too.


Since we met it has been our night. We always go shopping together and help each other get ready for the festivities. One of my fondest memories from the beginning of our relationship is of Shin bursting into my apartment at around 6:30 in the morning toting a pair of 8 inch heel go-go boots. He had just returned from the private courier dispatch center, where he had gone to pick them up, unable to wait for the delivery later that day. Not even John Travolta could imagine the likes of the strutting that went on in my kitchen that morning.


This year things are a little different. A crowded, smoky bar is probably not the best environment for The Bean, even if said bar belongs to his daddy. So, I am doing the responsible thing and spending the night in - but don't you think for a second that I'm not celebrating!

Rocky Horror Picture Show - check. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - check. Thriller dance taking place in the kitchen every hour, on the hour - check. Costume...

I thought that might be going a little overboard, even for me.

It's nearing midnight and things are probably just starting to get going in Shin's part of the city. I'm all Time Warped out and heading to bed. But before I turn in I just wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY HALLOWEEN from The Bean and I! 365 more sleeps to go until next year.


Shin, Halloween 2012 - a vision of the perfect husband and father.




No comments:

Post a Comment